2018 County Engineer's Workshop
February 13-15, 2018 — Shanty Creek Resorts, Bellaire, Michigan
CEW is open to engineering consultants, engineers, and surveyors from municipalities and public agencies as well as CRA Associate Members. Seating is limited; please register early to ensure participation.
1. Local Pavement Warranty Program
Steve Puuri—County Road Association of Michigan
Dave Pettersch—Gladwin County Road Commission
2. Communication Apps for Local Agencies
Joanna Johnson—Road Commission of Kalamazoo County
Jim Harmon—Washtenaw County Road Commission
3. Geospatial Utility Infrastructure Data Exchange (GUIDE)
Eric Barden—Spicer Group
Nick Lefke—Michigan Department of Transportation
4. Using AVL and MDSS to Reduce Salt Usage
Gregory Perry—Michigan Department of Transportation
Matt Pratt—Michigan Department of Transportation
Mark Crouch—Michigan Department of Transportation
5. Connected Work Zone Project on I-75
Michele Mueller—Michigan Department of Transportation
6. FAST-TRAC and Other Innovations at the Road Commission for Oakland County
Danielle Deneau—Road Commission for Oakland County
7. Facility Marking Challenges
Bruce Campbell—Miss Dig System, Inc.
8. Professional Liability for Engineers
Bill Henn—Henn Lesperance PLC
9. Emergency Aid Relief Preparedness at Gogebic County Road Commission
Darren Pionk—Gogebic County Road Commission
10. Autonomous/Connected Vehicles and Their Impact on Local Roads
Kirk Steudle—Michigan Department of Transportation
11. Keeping Current with Environmental Clearance for Categorical Exclusions
Tracie Leix—Michigan Department of Transportation
Margaret Barondess—Michigan Department of Transportation
Matt Ihnken—U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
12. Federal-aid Compliance & Oversight Consistency
Kelly Crannell, PE—Michigan Department of Transportation
13. Rejuventation Technology for Use in Highly Recycled HMA Production & Pavement Preservation
14. LTAP Strategic Planning Objectives and TTAP Next Steps
Victoria Peters —FHWA Center for Local-Aid Support
15. Saving Time with Steel Tub Girders in St. Clair County
Bill Hazelton—St. Clair County Road Commission
Dewayne Rogers—St. Clair County Road Commission
16. Void-reducing Asphalt Membrane Case Studies
Marvin Exline—Heritage Research Group/Asphalt Materials, Inc.
17. Subcommittee Reports
Bob Lindbeck—County Road Association of Michigan
Cost & Registration
Registration includes all sessions, workshop materials, break refreshments, and all meals listed on the agenda. The cost does not include accommodations.
Cancellation Policy: No-shows and cancellations within three business days prior to the workshop or conference will be charged the full registration fee. Substitutions will be accepted.
The 2018 County Engineers' workshop counts for [a to-be-determined number of] instructional hours for Continuing Education for Professional Engineers. See the CTT’s policy for Continuing Education for Professional Engineers in Michigan here.
Become an associate member of the CRA of Michigan here.
Note: Michigan Tech reserves the right to use any pictures taken during this event for advertising and/or instructional purposes.
Rooms at the Shanty Creek Resort are available at rate of $97/night (plus tax) for guest rooms, and $117/night for studio parlors and one bedroom suites. The deadline for the reduced rate is January 8. To make a reservation:
Individuals and groups call 866-695-5010 and mention the 2018 County Engineers’ Workshop, or book your room online.